Decades ago, the only remedy to losing a tooth – or teeth – were removable dentures or a fixed bridge. And we all know the trouble we have to go through to maintain them, not to mention the discomfort. Affordable dental implants in Buford came as a breath of fresh air as well as a source of relief to those in the dental community.
So what is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is artificially placed in your mouth to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, denture or bridge. It is made from titanium metal and it fuses around the jawbone to serve as a root for the missing tooth.
Following are a few things you must know about dental implants, especially if you are planning on getting one.
1. Dental implant procedures have a high success rate. The majority of dental patients have had dental implant procedures without any sort of complication during the procedure. Success rate of dental implant procedures vary depending on the dental health of the individuals, where in the jaw the implants are placed, and the expertise of the person who performs the procedure.
2. Affordable dental implants in Buford look and feel natural. When it comes to appearance and feel, the only difference between dental implants and real teeth is that they are not real teeth. They are customized to look, feel and fit exactly like all the other teeth in your mouth.
3. Implants make eating easier. Unlike other dental treatment options, implants enable you to enjoy a most natural and satisfying chewing experience. You do not have to take special care when eating. Traditional dentures often slide, making it difficult for wearers to enjoy chewing. Dental implants function like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat all your favorite foods without any extra effort or sensation of pain.
4. Affordable dental implants in Buford serve as a replacement for the roots of your missing tooth. When you lose a tooth, it creates a void where the root was located. Unfortunately, most tooth replacement options only focus on replacing the crown of the teeth, while dental implants focus on the parts of the teeth that cannot be seen – namely the roots.
The roots of your teeth are anchored to your jaw, which is why they can hold it in place, much like the roots of a tree. The implants make contact with the bone, tricking it into thinking that the root of the tooth is still there. This encourages it to grow new tissue around the implant, thereby creating a natural bond between bone and metal.
5. Implants can help protect healthy teeth. When you lose a tooth, one of the most widely used teeth replacement options has been the dental bridge. Often times, this involves cutting of some parts of the adjacent healthy teeth to ensure proper balance of the dental bridge. Thanks to dental implants, we can now place a crown or a bridge on the dental implant itself. Other teeth do not need to suffer because of the plight of one.
Affordable dental implants in Buford are a way of ensuring that healthy teeth stay healthy by leaving them alone while still providing a foundation in your jawbone to support whatever dental prosthesis you are affixing and hold it firmly in place. If you would like to know if they are an option for you, call our office today to schedule a consultation.